Duluth Trading Company - Paid $91.98 and only credited $73.04 when returning the item
I ordered a women's jacket and based on their sizing chart, I needed a large.When I was placing the order there was a sign on the top of their website that said all orders over $50 have free shipping.
In addition to the free shipping, there were 3 colors of this jacket that were on clearance for $79.99 (originally $99.99). So, I ordered one of the clearance colors to get the lower price. Unfortunately, the jacket did not fit but when I spoke to the Rep she told me that since I needed it within the next 10 days that it would be easier to place another order and just return the jacket for a credit. So, that's what I did but at this time, I didn't realize until I went to my credit card website to make a payment and that they did charge me $11.99 shipping on the original order.
In addition, while I was charged $91.98 for the order, I was only credited $73.04 for the order. First of all, I wasn't supposed to pay shipping (they didn't charge me shipping on the 2nd order because it was over $50, so why did they charge it on the 1st order?) and they even had the nerve to charge me $6.95 to return the jacket back to them. Aside from the fact that I wasn't supposed to pay shipping to begin with, it doesn't even make sense that they charged me $11.99 to ship one way and $6.95 to ship the same item back! In addition, why should it cost me anything at all for shipping when their sizing charts are so off?
If I followed the chart and ordered the size that matched my measurements, but it doesn't fit, why should it cost me $19 in shipping charges? That's their error and they need to change their measurements on the charts. For the second jacket delivered, I paid exactly $79.99, which was the same cost as the first jacket because I ordered the same color which was on clearance, plus free shipping (because it was over $50).
Makes no sense to me but they've lost my business.While I have attached a link to the jacket below, they no longer have any of the colors left that were on clearance so the price you will see is $99.99.
More Review Details
|Product or Service Quality|
|Diversity of Products or Services|
|Exchange, Refund and Cancellation Policy|
|Advertised vs Delivered|
|Value for money|
|Discounts and Special Offers|
What I liked
What I disliked
- That i was charged shipping when it was supposed to be free
- It was supposed to be free
- And their size chart was totally inaccurate
You May Also Like
- "I should have know better, but I didn't realize it was coming from china, my husband and I are renewing our vows on valentines day which is our anniversary. I..."
- "Got scammed in Irvine yesterday 10/6/15 on Culver drive, small shopping center. Italian rep coming from fashion show.... Looking for JW airport to catch is flight to Ny and Milano.... He wanted to..."
- "Ordered a dress and used the size chart provided as a guide and the dress adverised is on the right, the one I recieved is on left...it is not a..."
- "This company has the worst return policy and the rudest customer service. They have the wrong part listed for a 1995 Jeep, send a part for a 2007 which..."
- "I bought this refrigerator after hurricane Sandy destroyed my home. Within 6 moths I began to notice rust like spots. I called then later I sent an e mail They..."
- "I purchased much. Latitude touring 102T 225 65R 17,a set of 4 from Mavis co. The date was 4/27/2012.When my NYS inspection was done today 6/10/2015 there was 25,681 miles..."
- "I waited a month for my package to never come then when i said i was opening a dispute for my refund he himself changed original arrive by date from..."
- "I brought a LG Stylo 2 phone at the end of Aug 2016, within the 1st month my SIM card went out for no reason, the company sent me..."
- "I have been a long time consumer of Newegg off on on for years, and have recently cheered them on the fight against Patent trolls. But recently I ordered..."